240Z Brake System: Why...? - Page 2 - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240Z Brake System: Why...?

Featured Replies

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2012 at 7:59 AM, BoldUlysses said:

Thanks for all the helpful responses, guys! That's great.

The knowledge of what causes the red brake light in the speedo to come on (imbalance between the front and rear systems, not necessarily low pressure system-wide) is very helpful. I'll bleed the system again and see what happens.

Im trying to fix this. My red light comes on very dim.

Edited by jalexquijano

  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2012 at 6:43 AM, Blue is now 240260280 said:

I could only get the parts from old junk yard z's. Only the complete switch (part number 46100-U5200) is available on line for ~ $175 USD.

You may have to get a couple of used ones to refresh and rebuild into a good one as they are usually rusted and gunked-up inside.

Here is a great image I just found:

2010-03-10%2019.12.33.jpg

And if you need the rear proportioning valve for an early z just $20 right now on ebay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/71-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z-BRAKE-JUNCTION-CONNECTOR-BLOCKS-/170860083474?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27c80df912#ht_500wt_970

attachment.php?attachmentid=54153&d=1339760273

post-7641-14150819251928_thumb.jpg

I need to get one of this. FIrst picture. Are they still NLA?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.