How to remove 280z bumper shock mounts. - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

How to remove 280z bumper shock mounts.

Featured Replies

Hello, forum! I unbolted all the bolts to get both the shock mounts off my 1976 280z but I cannot get them out of the whole. Am I suppose to cut the thing or is there a way to take it apart?

I did this procedure on a early model 260z but i think your shocks might be the same. The front was pretty easy, just unbolt and remove. The rear.. I had to remove the fuel tank to make enough room to pull them back behind the body.

  • Author
I did this procedure on a early model 260z but i think your shocks might be the same. The front was pretty easy, just unbolt and remove. The rear.. I had to remove the fuel tank to make enough room to pull them back behind the body.

I dropped the tank and unbolted all the bolts but I couldn't pull the shocks out. The tip was too big to go through the hole.

You have to tilt the part toward the front of the car down and then the oval flange will fit through. It might take some wiggling but it'll work. I did this recently on my 1975 280Z.

Chuck

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
You have to tilt the part toward the front of the car down and then the oval flange will fit through. It might take some wiggling but it'll work. I did this recently on my 1975 280Z.

Chuck

Thanks for the tip

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.