How do you remove the outer stainless steel door / window trim? - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

How do you remove the outer stainless steel door / window trim?

Featured Replies

How do you remove the outer stainless steel door / window trim? This is the chrome (SS), trim that runs along the top of the door right at the edge of the window opening. I can't find anything on it in the FSM nor the Haynes manual.

I can't find any screws. I assume it prys off,...but I wanted to ask before I tear it up trying to remove it incorrectly.

It prys off. Be careful if you don't want to scratch the paint.

Chuck

I put a wide scraper (you could also use a bondo applicator or something like it) between the paint and the chrome then stick a flat blade screwdriver in between to distribute the load and when prying up the piece. Start at one end and work from end to end in small movements to avoid kinking it. Don't try to grab an end and pull it up, it will kink and you'll never get it back to the right shape.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.