Distributor Mount - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Distributor Mount

Featured Replies

Does anyone know where I can get a distributor mount? I need that mount/bracket that allows the distributor to adjust with the timing, so far the best thing I found was this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150807232524#ht_500wt_922 but I don't know if this is the right one. I have an all stock July 73 240z. Thanks guys!

Send me a PM. I have one lying around in my garage.

Here are some pictures of the mount I have.

post-5413-14150819007624_thumb.jpg

post-5413-14150819008114_thumb.jpg

post-5413-14150819008504_thumb.jpg

post-5413-14150819009002_thumb.jpg

post-5413-14150819009417_thumb.jpg

I am now looking at this same detail.

I think that rather than buying a new mount, one should be able to loosen the oil pump, rotate the distributor spindle, to make any mount work in its sweet spot.

I'm not as courageous as you, Phil. When I did the ZX distributor transplant into the 73, I just got the ZX mount. No fuss, no muss, and the car had NO timing problems.

Of course, now that I think of it...Tim, why do you need a new distributor mount?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I need a new mount because mine cracked, didn't even know that was possible. Must've been when I was messing with the timing. Probably not an original part considering how easy it was to break. Yeah Steve, I'll take your mount! I'll paypal it to you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.