3 nuts onthe top of the struts; question - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

3 nuts onthe top of the struts; question

Featured Replies

I have just finished repainting under the hood of my 240. I painted over the 3 nuts on top of the strut towers. I have purchased new nuts to replace them.

My question is; can I simply remove the old nuts and replace them, (assuming I do not move the car),..or will that throw something out of wack??

Also,...the best I can find on line,...the torque for these nuts should be 18 to 25 foot lbs. Does that sound correct?

I thought the torque spec on those was closer to 40 lbs. 20 sounds light for 14 mm nuts.

Removing those nuts will mess up the paint around the washers...if that matters to you.

Chuck

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

FSM page FA-21, Strut Assembly, Nut used to install the strut assembly on the body--18.1-25.3 ft-lb or 2.5 to 3.5 kg-m.

Bonzi Lon

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.