IGNORED

Time does fly

akwikz

It's been quite a while since I last posted. I'm not even sure where to start, so a quick synopsis:

I'm back home in San Diego, Ca now. As with many I had to deal with the change in the economy and unfortunately it had an impact on my car projects. Most of you guys know that the '73 was sold back in '07. It went to a shop in Utah and eventually was bought by Gabe at Techno Toy Tuning. My '71 was sold just before that and belongs to a good friend of mine in Central Ca.

As you guys may remember, I moved out to Arizona in '06. Well, it didn't go exactly as planned. The job I took out there ended up being not exactly as advertised coupled with what I can only describe as the worst State Government I have ever seen, and I was left in a bit of a bind. In a vain attempt to keep things afloat, all three of the Skylines were sold. All this did was buy me some time as the economy in Az never improved. I ended up finding a job back out here in San Diego and for a little over a year would commute between. I stayed here during the week and drove home for the weekends. Make no mistake, it sucked. But it allowed me to get health insurance for my family (not offered in Az, part of that jacked up Government I mentioned before) and eventually get moved back here for good.

Anyhow, its been two years now since I came back. It took that long for me to get everything back in order. Obviously in hindsight I should have never gone out there. But if you never risk anything you might miss out. If nothing else I have a renewed appreciation for my hometown of San Diego.

Now, if I haven't bored you too much, let's get to the good stuff. During all that mess, I stayed in touch with Kent on and off. And he was kind enough to work with me so that I could buy his '73. Needless to say, it was a long process, but she has been in my garage for over a year now. I was not in a position to do much with her until recently. Being able to go in the garage and envision the potential and occasionally start her up helped keep me motivated. Over the last few months I have pulled her apart in preparation for paint and body. I'm also working on the new suspension as well. When I have it sorted I think you guys are going to like it. With most of the cars I've built over the years, I haven't really documented much. Aside from the finished product. Due to the earlier circumstances I had the chance to heavily photograph this one. I'm taking a lot of time to do this with every aspect so that I can properly show every detail of this build.

Anyhow, sorry to be so long winded. It's just that this is pretty much the only forum I still frequent. Mostly because of the fact that its more like hanging out with your mates in the garage than an online forum. While most of us may not have met in person, we have known each other for years. The mix of ideas without the negativity of most forums is a rarity. I will do my best to get some pics up for you guys.

Brian

Mostly because of the fact that its more like hanging out with your mates in the garage than an online forum.

It does feel like that, in this forum anyway,

I assume it's because of the small numbers who have these cars (240K) and wanting to help each other.

BTW it good that you have sorted things out with your job and your family covered..

Nigel

Hi Brian,

Great to see you back Online! It is fantastic to hear things are picking up to the point where you can start giving some much deserved attention to the GT (and for yourself, finally some time to relax!).

I did have a couple of sleepless nights hoping that you would be able keep a hold of it, and able to give it the restoration it deserves (i know it isn't the most perfect of cars, but for some reason (maybe it being a low number GT), that car has always been my favourite!).

I for one will be closely following your progress! (and hopefully I can get some work started again on mine this coming year)

I can't wait until she is finished, i am definitely coming over to drive this one too !!, assuming you don't mind of course!

Kent

We've never met or spoken, but anyone crazy enough to restore an old c110, especially in the states, has got too be special! Looking forward to your build, post pics please.....

post-16763-14150818774398_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words. Its much appreciated. And Kent, you are more than welcome to take her for a spin. So, there is actually a fair bit to report on her. I'm thinking I should start a new thread with the build instead of adding to this one. What do you guys think?

Brian

Edited by akwikz