IGNORED

pertronix ignitor question!?!

wookieballa

I've seen some walk throughs(mustangs..) that show that this has a plastic gauge to set the gap, but mine didn't come with that. has anyone installed one of these systems>? (this is actually on my '72 skyline, not a Z, but i bought a Z ignitor.. they don't make one for the skyline)

My L20 engine is pretty much the same as the Z, just smaller.

I just installed this today. I noticed that my kit didn't have any plastic gauge tool in it neither... 0.030 is about thickness of a decent business card. Look closely, and just make sure they aren't touching and you should be fine.

My experience leads me to believe that the newer petronix kits don't have the minor issues some other people were complaining about online (wires 4" too short and green tape on magnets rubbing). Mine installed no problems. The wires were long enough, and i could see about a .030 gap between shaft and sensor.

The cars starts wayyy better now. i am happy.

did you remove that green tape??

seems that mine had a pretty good gap, but maybe i just need to wait till i have my blaster coil to put them in together. seems like it did NOT like my setup, it refused to even start on my SU carbs, but when i put the webers on it fired up, BUT was absolutely untunable.