Red Kote gas tank liner - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Red Kote gas tank liner

Featured Replies

Is it rated for very high temperatures? Why not use brake paint?

  • Author

I've ordered a quart for my tank and if I have any extra I thought I could do the calipers. I'll have to read the msda info when it gets here. Might not be a deep enough red either, I don't want fuschia brakes.

That sounds like a big mess waiting to happen. Red-Kote is a red syrup, and a bit translucent so your calipers would look like you melted red Jolly Ranchers on them. When I coated my tank with the stuff I could still see the metal surface through the thick coating. I don't think it's rated for high temps either.

Chase

  • Author

Thank's for preventing that mess! Glad to here from someone who has used it 1st hand. Melted Jolly Ranchers. Great description, I've seen that plenty of times down here in the Deep South.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.