IGNORED

An Ebay muffler did it

24 Ounces

Okay, a muffler did what?...it helped me make my decision about the path for my 240Z. I have a very original '72 with 92k miles, beat-up 2nd paint job, horrible seats, badly cracked dash, totally shot suspension, skinny 5" steel wheels with grandpa looking hubcaps, and leaky stock pipes with a cherry bomb muffler. The good points...a no rust Calif. body, matching number engine and completely original engine compartment (even the coil, braided hoses, smog pump, and battery cables are original), and it seems to draw a lot of favorable comments due to its virgin condition. But looking at the Zs on Youtube begins to infect one's mind with the rush from extreme accelleration...usually from installing a Rebello engine (and adding lowering springs and Panasports). Ah, what path to choose...

Then I spot an NOS Nichira muffler and chrome tailpipe on Ebay. That would really look nice on my restored Z, but wouldn't work with a Rebello engine. But it would work with a mild cleanup of the E88 head and leaving the engine's internals original, and a rebuild of the SUs (soon headed to Bruce P. at ZTherapy). And with the engine in its original configuration I wouldn't have to change the suspension and install the Panasports. And really, do I need the fastest Z on the street? And which cars do guys seem to go craziest for on BAT?...the simple originals that Mr. K sent to us. I think the stock path is the correct one.

BTW, the muffler was $355...a bargain. Also, I didn't know how to put this in the Ebay area (not clear instructions on that), and it probably belongs here anyway.

Best regards to all on here, 24 Ounces.

post-23981-1415081797545_thumb.jpg

Edited by 24 Ounces
typo