IGNORED

Finally found a series 1 (56k beware)

Ted.

Wow,would agree that the car destine to be a donor car. With patience you should be able to track down a more sound foundation to start with. I got lucky, I was routed to a guy in Texas which turned out to have 2 1971 fully intact no rust cars (1 from AZ, and other car from CA). Was able to pick both cars up for $5000. My only challenge was getting them back to Wisconsin which I did. For now, the Texan Twins are tucked away in two garages waiting for snow to melt.

Take your time because when you least expect it, you will find a gem!

Ted, if you have that kind of cash and expecting to get more saved, think about this. In April, MSA will have their car show in CA with a lot of 'for sale' cars. Cheap plane ticket out and you might find a car to drive home, or drive out with a friend. First part of June will be Branson ZFest, usually several for sale there. September is ZCON12 in Phoenix, that will be eye candy overload. :)

Bonzi Lon

• 2 weeks later...