IGNORED

Aftermarket Carbs for a stock 260Z

Ditto on the SU's.

There are far more articles / posts relating trouble with the Weber's and other downdraft carburators than ALL of the SU trouble threads combined.

I'm not saying the SU's are infallible, just that once you get them set up right (or you learn how to), they're virtually trouble free. I haven't messed with mine in years, the old adage applies, if it ain't broke...

Webers, and other downdraft carburators will require a new intake manifold... for starters, then you have to figure out the throttle linkage, then the choke connection (electric.. yeah right!) and THEN get them "tuned".

It CAN be done, but if you're looking for relatively maintenance free, then the SU's are the way to go.

E

So how fortuitous is that? You come on here asking this and 2 hours later a pictoral is posted covering what your answers here were spelling out.

SUs and the Hitachi variant (re Datsuns) once returned to square one status, are the easiest carbs in the world to keep up with and the flat top conversion is a near bolt on conversion.