IGNORED

new 240 owner, chainsaw used in pevious wiiring job. need help

Quinn'Z

Im trying to rewire my brake light and wipers. The fuse block for the wipers is melted on that fuse. Wondering if the relay or motor is more commonly the suspect. Its the the right side of the fuse that is melted. Fuse intact of course. And where might that little relay be located?

First, I suggest getting a new fusebox. MSA sells a drop-in replacement. It isn't cheap, though.

The intermittent wiper relay is in the passenger footwell. Download a copy of the FSM (link below) and look in section BE.

Don't rule out the combo switch and all of the corrosion in the connectors as being possible culprits, too. Your best bet is to study the wiring diagram and start attacking the circuit with a multimeter.

post-5413-14150817635951_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a bunch. I started out by cleaning and retouching the fuse block. Relay, I found it. Well, I found,a few in the pass floor area and I'm waiting on a new motor and linkage from KY. Re printinG motor was rusted out and I assume grounded out a bunch often circuits. I'm becoming good friends with the wiring diagram. I've tracked my overnight Bart drain to the WB wire from the alt to I assume the V regulator. when I pull the wire my test light in line of the Meg Bart cable goes out, finally. Short in alt or regulator more common? I'm broke on an island with no parts cars or any help from parts stores if I had the money.

Are you posting from a phone? There seem to be a few autocowrecks in your post. LOL

By the way, put the year of your car in your signature. It gives people more information so that we can help you better.

Edit: Battery drain - It sounds like there may be an internally regulated alternator in the car with the wiring for the voltage regulator jumpered out. You have a 73, which has a fuel pump relay. The relay was wired between the alternator and regulator. When the regulator is jumpered out for the internally regulated alternator, the fuel pump relay is energized all of the time, causing the battery drain.

Edited by SteveJ
Had to look up profile of OP's car before adding more info.

Thanks a bunch. I started out by cleaning and retouching the fuse block. Relay' date=' I found it. Well, I found,a few in the pass floor area and I'm waiting on a new motor and linkage from KY. Re printinG motor was rusted out and I assume grounded out a bunch often circuits. I'm becoming good friends with the wiring diagram. I've tracked my overnight Bart drain to the WB wire from the alt to I assume the V regulator. when I pull the wire my test light in line of the Meg Bart cable goes out, finally. Short in alt or regulator more common? I'm broke on an island with no parts cars or any help from parts stores if I had the money.[/quote']

http://damnyouautocorrect.com/category/best-of-dyac/

you are correct and my phone has issues here, or i have issues with it rather. btw. if you move to Hawaii do not sing a contract with Tmobile first. they suck here. sorry about the incoherent questions. im roaming usually so often i get dropped before i can get a message out. thanks for your help guys. i am a little over my head cause this is my daily driver and it should be a project car. ive owned several Datsuns mostly 510s but its been a long time since i messed with them and so far ive had more trouble with this one than all the rest combined.

i dont see any wire coming out between the alt and regulator. the car has a holly after market pump and i disconnected the hot wire to it and my little light didnt go out. im on day two o fnot having to disconnect the battery just the lil 2 prong connector, which sparks pretty good when i remove it. any help is greatly appreciated.