SU query - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

SU query

Featured Replies

I have a pair of Birmingham manufactured SUs on a 240 manifold. Their serial numbers are AUD 425F and AUD 425R.

Any one know what they are origionally off.

I have been unable to find that model number in the SU book. Why do you ask? FWIW F & R stand for Front and Rear. Sorry I can't be of more help.

  • Author
I have been unable to find that model number in the SU book. Why do you ask? FWIW F & R stand for Front and Rear. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks Bruce.

I wondered why someone would bother putting these on a 240 manifold, unless it was a replacement for the flat tops.

Some good information there Blue. When I am fully awake I will read it fully. Thanks.

Brian.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

These MGB may be an oddity at 1 3/4" and are HS6 an equivalent to the 46mm Hitachis. The Burlin book I have shows the 70s MGBs ran HS4s or 38mm carbs on the 1800. Right thru that series the SU numbers I see are all right in that range. I just don't see AUD 425.....

  • Author

Thanks Guys. Looks as though they are 1970 MGB

The link Austin memories is interesting Blue. Lots of good information.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.