IGNORED

Assembling early 260Z

Rainman

No Ollie, I used only the stock rubber "pucks" that were originally glued to the top of the tank. There was no closed cell foam on top of my tank when I dropped it out of the car the first time in 2006.

Thanks! Had I taken the time to actually go and look at the effort i put forth when I pulled the tank, I would have found that I carefully preserved 3 out of 4 of the pads from the top of the tank, not sure what happened to the 4th so I will use come closed cell foam for the last one. This weekend is the big push, hard lines, full braking system, fuel system and rear suspension are ready to be installed. Unfortunately I won't have my motor back until next week as the shop wants to dyno run it and we're msising the cam tower shims so I hope to have the car road ready by the end of July. I'm picking up my bumpers tomorrow from the plating shop as well, plating up here is like a black art and they charge accordingly....cheers, and I hope youre build is going well!

Sounds like you're making great progress Ollie!! My progress is slow but sure.. I've been insulating the inside of the 260Z with HushMat. Finished it earlier this month before I left for work. It took 84 square feet to do it the way I wanted it done. Tried my best to waste as little as possible so it looks in places like a preschooler's art project.. But I didn't waste any.. Also cleaned up the engine and painted the block, need to do the same to the transmission before install. The trans was leaking a bit when it came out so will have to sort that out before it goes back together as well.

I've got the Isis Power Master and Power Cells mounted and the harnesses labeled. You can see the Master Cell in the passengers foot well area. I'm looking forward to have a modern, programmable electrical system in the car.

Won't get home again until late July so it'll be a while until I can work on it some more. The next step is putting in some of the interior pieces, specifically the windshield pillar covering so the windshield can be installed. The mechanicals and underside of the car will be done once the engine and transmission are installed. Need to find someone to recover my seats and door panels. Then it's all just glass and interior.

Keep up the good work Ollie and watch for more updates around the beginning of August.

post-12393-1415081937238_thumb.jpg

post-12393-14150819373068_thumb.jpg

post-12393-14150819373657_thumb.jpg

post-12393-14150819374362_thumb.jpg

post-12393-14150819374965_thumb.jpg

post-12393-14150819375594_thumb.jpg

post-12393-14150819376199_thumb.jpg

post-12393-14150819376965_thumb.jpg

Thanks Fico.. It's too early for me to tell with the Isis system but it seems like a great system. High quality components, detailed instructions and good customer support so far. Can't complain! Will keep you posted on the ease of installation as well as my impressions of the operation once it gets to that point. Seems nice and straight forward to me..

How'd you get your cat to hold still with that bread around his noggin? I'd like to hear that story..

Edited by Rainman

Its about time a product like that came along, and they even say it right, most people can turn a wrench but give them a wire and they dont know what its for LOL. Thats me to a "T". Ha ha i picked that picture up off the internet.

I'm excited about the Isis Power system for two reasons.. First and foremost it will allow me to disable the ignition, making the car much harder for someone to steal. Second, it is completely programable and completely replaces all the old wiring. Last thing I want is for the old system to short out and catch fire after all this work.. I like your photo, it's hilarious!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...