IGNORED

Ok, how weird is this?

rcb280z

So I opened up my afm on my 5/77 280z because my fuel pump (I thought) is running when I put the key to the "on" position thinking I was going to have to adjust the arm that breaks the contact point for the fuel pump. I know the pump is usually only powered in the "start" position. To my amazement the contacts were not making contact! So I made them make contact and I heard something else come on. I can't tell if it's the fuel pump, something else is running at the same time. I looked around in the car to see if any other accessory's were running but couldn't see anything. Now for the weird thing, my fuel pressure gauge builds pressure with the key in the "on" position! I'm sitting here reading this myself and saying "not possible". But it is. Because it is happening! Please advise.

Thank you.

Edited by rcb280z

5/77

Have you looked at page ef-16 1978 280z FSM ?

Maybe you have a 78

It's definitely a 77. Maybe I have an incorrect EFI relay. I did a search and see that from 75-8/77 uses the same efi relay. After 8/77 it is different. I will however look at the 78 FSM just to confirm things.

Thanks