IGNORED

Sebro exhaust warning

Canuck73

Hello All,

I'd like to relay my experience in dealing with Stebro Exhaust, located in Nepean Ontario, which unfortunately has been very negative. Hopefully this communication will prevent others from going through the same frustrations that I have had during the last 18 months.

The saga began with my search for a stainless system for my 73 240Z. I did a search for Stebro because it was the system that I had on my 71 240Z back in the early 70's--loved the sound. To my surprise a Google search immediately revealed that Stebro still existed and that they could custom fabricate a stainless 2.5 inch system with twin tips. The system was ordered in July 2009 and was delivered in December of the same year. Upon removing the protective wrapping I was disappointed to see that the pipes were 2 inch and it did not have the twin tips. After contacting Stebro about this they agreed to take it back and a new system would be built. It cost me approximately $100 to ship it back to them as Stebro refused to pay the cost of shipping. The new system showed up several months late and again it was a 2 inch diameter pipe!

After many emails and phone calls we agreed that the system would be sent back (yes, at my cost again) and that a full refund would be awarded. Stebro now has my money in addition to the exhaust system and is refusing to send the refund.

Following numerous attempts to contact Stebro they finally responded that they were attempting to sell the system and then I would get my money back. Again, being overly patient, I waited for the resale of the system for 4 months. There was no response to my inquires about the aforementioned sale.

I then contacted the Better Business Bureau responsible for the Nepean area and filed a complaint that resulted in the BBB attempting to mediate at resolution to the impasse. They also informed me that Stebro is not a member of the BBB and that they have a poor reputation for customer service and dispute resolution. This information was readily available on the net, but in my hot-to-trot need for getting the system I failed to take the necessary steps for searching this out. So, it would appear that I am probably not going to get my money back.

Obviously, I've learned lessons through this transaction, that when reflected upon, are painfully obvious.

Thanks. Gives me a data point. I will need new exhaust soon, and will go with best I can find that is reasonable. That sounds reasonable if you got what you paid for, which you did not. Sorry to hear about that. Hope you get some satisfaction.

Not sure if I'll get any satisfaction from them but wanted to ensure that no other Zed owner went through the same experience that I did.

Good luck with your search for a new exhaust system. I'm going to work with a local company for the purpose of fabricating mine.

FWIW, I have a stainless pipe, think they call them twice pipes, that runs from the stock manifold (on a 73) to just behind the transmission tail stock where where the two smaller pipes combine into one 2 1/2 inch pipe. I cut that section out and replaced it with 2 1/2 inch pipe up to the colector when I installed my new headers. I'm not familiar with the Sebro system, but if this is the style exhaust you are looking for PM me and I will send you pics of it, mabe we can make a deal and save you some money on the custom built system.

FWIW, I have a stainless pipe, think they call them twice pipes, that runs from the stock manifold (on a 73) to just behind the transmission tail stock where where the two smaller pipes combine into one 2 1/2 inch pipe. I cut that section out and replaced it with 2 1/2 inch pipe up to the colector when I installed my new headers. I'm not familiar with the Sebro system, but if this is the style exhaust you are looking for PM me and I will send you pics of it, mabe we can make a deal and save you some money on the custom built system.

I would be interested in seeing it 5TH. Always looking for performance.

VISA will take this very seriously and will treat it as a goods paid for but not shipped. As a card holder in good standing and provided you paid by visa, they will investigate the seller as a fraudulent transaction. This is why I always fund any online transaction with my visa. I think you will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...