IGNORED

Best intake manifold to use

neveragain55

Hi Gang,

So I picked up a 1982 L28ET engine that I plan on rebuilding and I’m basically keeping it stock for the most part using Nissan engine internals as these parts are very reliable. Once it’s rebuilt, it’s going into the 1977 280Z I just bought.

I’m on the fence about using forged pistons with Moly rings but everything else like the cam, crank, valves, rockers, retainers and all other parts will remain stock.

I also plan on rebuilding the original turbo with a turbo rebuild kit from Garrett which is a hell of a lot more economical than spending $650.00 dollars on a new turbo.

The question I have for all of you concern's the intake manifold. As we all know the stock intake manifold is very messy with all kinds of attachment points, bung holes and other stuff that completely covers it and makes it look very ugly. Not planning on building a 300hp monster, just a modest rebuild that will make the car slightly faster than it currently is.

I’ve done a lot of research in this area and the general consensus seems to be to use a 1975 intake without the EGR at the end. Some say however that the intake runners on the 75 intake are too long for the turbo engine and the fuel mapping will be thrown off.

Please advise me if the 75 intake will work, how I can obtain these results and/or what would be the best intake manifold to use keeping in mind that I don’t have to worry about emissions because of the age of the car and the state I live in. I have attached some pictures to give you some idea of what I'm talking about.

I planned on getting rid of all the emission nonsense (sorry guys I’m not a tree hugger)

I also looked at the LoneWolf intake setup but I’m not sure.

As always, thanks in advance...........

post-5744-14150816804861_thumb.jpg

post-5744-14150816805624_thumb.jpg

post-5744-1415081680575_thumb.jpg

post-5744-14150816805872_thumb.jpg

Edited by neveragain55