Muffler sitting on metal - Exhaust - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Muffler sitting on metal

Featured Replies

Hello all

I while back I installed the MSA exhaust on my Z. This past weekend I straightened it out a bit (the muffler was aimed down) but now the muffler is sitting on what, at least to me, looks like the rear section of the frame rails. (its basically a square shaped beam that is part of the car). Can this cause any issues? I can "easily" fix this but would like to know in advance. The muffler is in the stock location.

Jan

If the muffler is in contact with the frame or body, you will hear rattling or vibrations from the exhaust system transmitted into the cabin. Wherever there is contact with the frame there will be damage to the undercoating.

Since can "easily" fix it, you should, IMO.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.