IGNORED

Vacuum pipe exposed, need to know where it goes to 78 280Z (stock engine)

funkadelik

Hello!

I picked up a 78 280z a month or so ago and I've been working my tail off to get her going. She's now starting up just fine and now I'm working on making her idle steady and accelerate appropriately. So in doing so, I need to know where this line should go. Please see attached. It's circled in red. It's on the driver side of the engine close to the master vac. Any help would be appreciated. Additionally, I circled something in yellow. Any help identifying this part? I don't think it's the EGR valve but I'm not certain. TIApost-25093-14150816285762_thumb.jpg

Welcome! Congrats on your '78 (the best year... although I might be biased)!

The "T" circled in red is some modification of the original plumbing. Originally, you should just have that one small line circling around the firewall to the HVAC vacuum stuff on the passenger fender.

The doodad circled in yellow is controls the EGR valve.

You can download a free copy of the Factory Service Manual at www.xenons30.com. That will describe all the emissions spaghetti for you and show you how it's all connected.

• 2 weeks later...