IGNORED

The Vert is Engineered ;) ;) ;)

240kconvertible

As of yesterday the vert is engineered, I now have 3 months to get it registered in NSW or the engineers slip is not valid.

I managed to drive it on the road for about 17 minutes with an unreg permit until the cops pulled me over and asked me to drive it straight home. Apparently if you don't have mirrors, rear arches, bonnet scoop, handbrake and wipers attached unreg permits are null and void LOL I 3/4 floored it in 2nd round a corner and just fishy'd up the street

The only thing the engineer didn't like is that the brakes are too powerful and can lock up, I think this is because I'm running a 5.2lt not a 2.5lt and the vacuum is too strong, it's only running a 350cfm 2 bbl holley and the engine is gasping for more air creating a very strong vacuum. With the car switched off the brake pedal can not go to the floor with it running you can push it to the floor and the booster seems to just bulge out and stretch. Needless to say you can just touch the pedal and you stop really really quick!!! every K should have R series GT-R brakes on them.

A big scare was the allowable increase in wheel size, as the K came out with 5 inch rims they can only be increased to 6.5 in NSW :mad: there is a loophole but I'm not posting that on the interweb. The track on the vert is now 1480 or 1520 with spacers front and 1555 on the rear. It drives awesome but still needs to have a lot of finishing work to get it too the stage I want it, the gearbox is not so good and needs to be replaced with a supra 6 speed asap.

I have finally found some window pieces at a wreckers (no thanks to the people on this forum :finger:) so I will now have a drivers window too, let me know what people need and I'll check this coupe out and see if it has it.

The reason for my absence is that I was just spending too much time and money on the vert so I just left it in the garage to gather dust for a while and went skydiving instead. I'm now keen as to get it registered and get some love back from it instead of it just draining me.

I plan to drive it in the base coat and **** garage paint job I gave it for a year and then strip it right back down to bare bones and give it to a paint shop to finish. My front guards are rooted and don't line up with anything so I'll be redoing them shortly. I'm toying with the idea of getting it tattooed with a mural of godzilla smashing king kongs face in with a city Skyline in the back ground and maybe a little Mario crying in a corner. Every mate has asked me not to but it will only be for a year or so as I save for the engine rebuild (390 cubes/400KW flywheel) and paint job.

The plans to supercharge it are off the cards as it is pretty damn quick with just the std $1000 engine and gearbox in it now, a supercharged V8 would just make it too powerful.

Oh and lastly I have found out where all the coupes get too, I know a local Brissy guy who has 7 of them, one GT-B and 3 C210 coupes as well as other assorted cars. He is the traditional hoarder and will not part with anything. The one saving grace is that he has all of them on concrete and covered up with a cover and tarp per car.

Ah the nats, I'm actually booked in to go but I may not have enough time as one of my oldest mates is leaving to go live in America on Sunday and I might need to take him to the airport.

Ray (organiser) kind of had a problem with my car going there as it doesn't have a Jap engine in it, after we gave each other a serve on the phone we have come to an agreement whereby my car is roped off so no one can go near it, I'm not allowed to have the bonnet open and my Datsun hat has to sit on top of the Mopar air filter. Lucky for me I have built it to take the RB series of motors otherwise he would not have let it in.

Sadly, It looks like I may have to miss this one at this point in time as I have to put my friend first as I can go to the show next year but can't visit my mate easily anymore. I'll most likely drop in but it looks like the vert may stay in the garage that day. Pm me your number and I'll call you sat regarding it. The lift for a fee sounds better than the "void" unreg permit I was intending to use :cool:

vh45 for $1200 with 4 speed auto would still push the K along, and keep those Nissan freaks happy........If your mate is going to America get him to look out for the vh57 that only came out in the U.s........"I'm not be opinionated, just 2cents worth"

I should just put Nissan on the rocker covers and be done with it LOL

For all the newbies on the forum

" When I decided to go the old school mopar V8 over the RB30/26 (I actually had the RB30 but sold it to a guy in the UK) it was purely a financial decision. I can buy all the parts to build a 390+ cube stroker from Summit Racing for $4300 US including alloy heads, roller rockers etc etc and this will give me an uber reliable, low revving 300rwkw engine with a mild cam that will last for years and years. I could then bolt up a centrifugal supercharger for another 3k which would give me easy 800hp with the right cam. On top of that with the V8 I have better weight distribution that with a straight 6, once I have the alloy heads the V8 is only a tiny bit heavier 15-20kg than the original L24. When you compare KW to $ ratio and take into account engine longevity it seemed a simple choice to make "

Eventually I'd like an RB26 n/a running individual throttle bodies but that would cost heaps more and have less power but would be so much more awesome than the V8. Another benefit of the early 70's V8 is no emissions testing, the only downfall is upsetting so many people with the mopar V8. Seriously you guys should read some of the comments on youtube I don't allow to be posted, they always seem to be from people who don't own a modified car though, just lame trolls.

Anyway the only thing on my mind now is get it registered and destroy as many tires as possible

Im so glad you finally made it thru Engineering!

If you can make it to the Skyline Nationals next year in NSW i can promise you can park next to whatever Skyline Silvia Stagea you like!

Truth be told I'd actually be embarrassed to show the car at this point in time as the paint job is so crap, the front guards don't line up with anything. I've just scored some nice guards though so I will throw out my current ones and start again.

I will be at the Nationals next year that is for sure, who cares where it's parked as long as it's there. In fact I think there is a post somewhere on here where Kent and I state that both our cars will be at the 2012 nats.

If you want a laugh I'm about to post a video on youtube of me zapping myself with the high energy ignition system.