Electrical Issue? - Page 4 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Electrical Issue?

Featured Replies

Hooray!! Glad you finally licked it.

  • 1 year later...

Duffman,

I have been away from this site for a few years trying to restore my flooded 240 Z. Saw your inquiry. I assume by now you have the problem fixed. If not, I experienced the same thing, car would run and as soon as I would let the key back, it would die. The problem was the ballest resistor located just below the coil on the driver side engine fender. I replaced the resistor and it ran fine.

Jim

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.