Delta Drive Fun - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Delta Drive Fun

Featured Replies

My buddy & I went for a 220 mile joyride through the Sacra-tomato delta last Saturday and got quite a few bugs on the windshield. The curving levee roads were fairly smooth and mostly empty. We even found a nice long straight where I let the little Z stretch her legs…

One of the highlights was the Z went for a ride on the J-Mack Ferry. It operates on Steamboat Slough between Ryer Island in Solano County and Grand Island in Sacramento County

While moving along at about 40 MPH, a honey bee flew into the cabin and smacked me in square in the forehead. He landed in my lap, stunned. Before he could wake-up enough to sting me, I stopped, opened the door and placed him on the side of the road just as he recovered and flew-off. Wonder what story he'll be telling back at the hive… "Hey guys, I went for a ride in a classic Z, but the driver had a really hard head!"

post-15388-14150816028094_thumb.jpg

post-15388-14150816028754_thumb.jpg

Nice Julio, you gotta love days like that. Sounds like an awesome ride!

Great pictures of the Z, and it truly was an excellent last two weeks to take the Z out :)

  • Author

Thanks. I wish the quality of the pics was better, but they were taken with my buddy's phone.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
Nice pics. They have sort of 70's vintage colouring :)

At my age, I could be considered vintage, so the grainy, odd color of the pics probably helps!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.