IGNORED

Hayden Fan Clutch

240ZGL

Anyone have any problems with these. My original fan clutch gave out after just 239,000 miles. You would think the factory could do a better job than that. I bought a Hayden because I know there a good company with good stuff. I only changed the the fan clutch. This morning after a 15 min. run down the freeway, I pulled to a light and the temp gauge started to climb. This is the first time I have seen the gauge run past mid point. The rest of the system is good, new thermostat, housing, sender, fan belt, 4 core rad, hoses it's all good. The only thing I can think of is the fan is not spinning like it should. Maybe I need to look at a shroud.

Have you made any changes around the rad support lately? These cars are prone to air going around the radiator rather than through it (especially with a 4 core radiator). I had a cooling issue with my 73 when I temporarily removed the plastic ducts that move air from the rad support to the fenders. The issue went away when I replaced the ducts and plugged up the other big holes on the support. If those holes are left open the air from the front of the car takes the path of least resistance and goes around the radiator. This likely isn't your problem as you are not overheating on the highway but I thought I'd throw it in as food for thought as I don't see it discussed much on the cooling related threads.

Water pump is new, coolant new, did not remove the radiator. I only have about 700 miles on the car since I put it back on the street. It has 6 yrs of work in it, most of that making sure that all the right pieces that should be new are new. Just wondering if anyone has had a bad clutch fan from Hayden. I know I'm going to take it back, it's not working as it should. I'm thinking that if I run into this problem with other clutches I should look into a shroud, only to cure what I have to live with.