Dry Ice Paint Removal - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Dry Ice Paint Removal

Featured Replies

I used dry ice to remove all of the tar on my car.. the stuff is great

There is one on eBay for only $7000

Blue did you try this out? I was thinking soda and I had heard of this method, but had not looked into it yet. The vidio made me interested in the method, because when it took the paint off the color of the metal was consistant. With soda you see variance in the color in the metal telling me it is doing something making the surface vary even if it is slight amount of variations.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I just used dry ice on the thick floor dampening material in a 510 resto. It worked ok. The coincidence that the top video is of a 240z that is the same colour as the one I am restoring is only that. I wish I had that gear however :)

Enjoy the Z picnic in NJ. I made the last meeting but am in Canada this weekend.

I'd thought I ask since it is a NYC company.

I think I'll miss the pick-nick I don't really know the guys up their and you fell kind of weird when you show up no one knows you and you can't drive your z because it is in a couple 1,000 pieces in your garage.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.