IGNORED

Gas Tank Top Side Bumper Rubber Substitute

240260280z

Powder coated fuel tank? Tell us more. It has to be super clean before baking, right? Do you coat the inside after baking? This is way better looking than just paint.

I've found an old, non inflatable truck tire inner tube comes in very handy around the home & shop. Made a pair of headlight bucket gaskets before they were available again, glued a protective patch to the body metal above the + battery post, radiator drain plug gasket, paper punch made a perfect hole, can be used for fuel tank strap rubber or the upper pads, however, I do like the diamond pattern of yours better. :)

Bonzi Lon

Well the nice thing about the tread is that it is peel and stick :)

Yeah the powder coating required a clean tank. The heat from the p-c oven re-flowed some of the solder so I had to check for leaks. Fortunately all is well. I am just about to use thicker rubber sheeting from the hardware store for the tank straps.

Arne's post on the evapor. tank hoses sure helped. This forum is great.