IGNORED

Yellow wire and Black wire.

philbar73

I cant figure out where to plug in the Yellow wire and Black/Yellow wire. I have been looking at the wiring in the book and I can see the wiper has a yellow wire and a black/yellow wire but do not see what to hook the wires in the pitures up to. If anyone can help it would be great.

They are by the relays. The car is a late 73.

post-20445-14150815596526_thumb.jpg

post-20445-14150815595924_thumb.jpg

Edited by philbar73

The wires are coming from the delay wiper and fuel pump relay on the side by the glove box. Almost everything works except the delay setting on the wipers and the Tack. I'm pretty sure the wire have to do with the delay wipers. I just started looking at the Tack problem.

I took the car apart 4 years ago so I can remember everything but when I get the last few electrical problems fixed, I can finnish putting the car together and get it on the road.

Tack is fixed. There are two b/w wires going to coil and resistor. One is going to the coil and a b/w wire going to the resistor. I switched the wires and presto, the tack works. So I just have to figure out the Yellow wire and Black/Yellow wire.

The only yellow wire I could find was for the gas gauge. The only black/yellow wire I could find on the wiring diagram that I would suspect running through that area is for the windshield washer tank. I suggest downloading a copy of the FSM, going to the BE section, and printing out a copy of the wiring diagram. Since I'm at the convention, I'm trying to read the diagram on the screen of a netbook computer while turning my head sideways (Eventually, I just turned the computer on its side, but I didn't find any other potential candidates.). It's not the easiest thing to trace wires like that. Unfortunately, the FSM doesn't do the greatest job of identifying where single wire connections are.

Hi Steve, Thanks for the reply. They are from a small harness that comes from the fuel pump and washer delay relay. Its a big relay with two connectors, one 6 pin and one 4 pin. Two of the wires from this harness go to the fuel pump and two go to the fuel pump fuse. I will look again at the FSM. I do see a yellow and Black/yellow that comes from the wiper motor in the FSM but cannot see where to physically connect them under the dash. I pulled out the glove box so I could look for the connections and I have been under the dash for a long time and cannot find where they connect. I will keep looking, if anyone has ideas let me know.