IGNORED

naps for a 280z

silvey19k

As I recall, the version of the NAPS used during that era was used on the Z series four cylinder engines. I don't think there would be any gain or even if it could be adapted to the L28. It was basically an emissions system. Nissan Anti Pollution System.

As I recall, the version of the NAPS used during that era was used on the Z series four cylinder engines. I don't think there would be any gain or even if it could be adapted to the L28. It was basically an emissions system. Nissan Anti Pollution System.

Dig this complete NAPS intake from a 75 280z on sale on Craigslist in L.A. I know it's from a '75 280z because I saw it first at a salvage yard but did not pull it before this guy did. I had never even heard of these before seeing it firsthand.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/pts/2476231797.html

Weren't there some later (like mid to late 80s) non USA vehicles that used the L series 6 cylinder? I've been around Nissan/Datsuns my entire life and never saw this on any USA Datsun/Nissan. I doesn't look 'modern' pre se but it look more modern that anything that would have been on a mid or late 70s Datsun/Nissan.

Someone in the local Z Club here in San Diego had a 76 280Z FairladyZ 2+2 a few years back which he had imported from Japan thru the Navy (lucky ducks) and it had an L20A with the NAPS intake (NAPS = Nissan Anti Pollution System). From its name and acronym I doubt that it's a performance enhancer. Just a curiosity for what it is, but it's one of those JDM parts we won't be disappointed we didn't get it here in the USA.