IGNORED

Finally was able to awake my Z from winter storage

Opened up my Storage garage and there she sat all dusty from sitting all winter/spring.

Got her out this last saturday. got the oil & filter changed out, air pressure topped off, gave everything a good inspection, gave it a good bath and got it all waxed with Meguiars and hit the highways.

Took these photos on sunday and thought I'd show them to you guys :cool:

post-4657-14150815207892_thumb.jpg

post-4657-14150815208578_thumb.jpg

post-4657-14150815209193_thumb.jpg

Thank you all for the nice compliments. I always change out the oil and filter again before I take it out again in the summer. When the oil has sat in there for 5 to 6 months during winter storage, it's no good anymore.

I also found on saturday when I backed her out of the garage, I hit the window washer sprayer to clean the dust off so I could see :) and noticed the passenger side sprayer wasn't working so when I got it home I had to remove the cowl grill and clean out the little sprayer and now all is well :) Cleaned both of them since I had the Cowl grill off. They don't get used very much so I'm sure over 34 years they can get clogged with wax and dust ect. Other than that minor issue everything checked out great on it when I inspected everything.

Thanks so much Stephen for your nice comment. Dont sell yourself short though because I always thought your '78 didn't take a back seat to any other 280Z's I've seen either.

Thanks again to all. Hope everyone has a safe and fun summer

Edited by DatsunZsRule

Jared, I just looked at this thread and you do have a beautiful stock Z. I really like the color and wheels combo. I did see my name mentioned here by sblakeo1, thanks very much for the compliment.