71 Differential vent - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

71 Differential vent

Featured Replies

Guys, my '71 has no vent tube on the rear differential. I'm sending my fresh redline all over after a freeway drive. Probably a dumb question, but is the 71 supposed to have the standard type vent tube? If so, can you still buy a vent tube?

  • Author

Holy Crap.....the part is $1.34 but they want $12.00 for shipping..............uuummmm...NO.

They are fairly easy to twist out of the top of the diff. You might go to a local wrecking yard with a pair of pliers. Don't squeeze too hard if it's a plastic one. I think that the later Zxs came with metal. Maximas and maybe Subarus might use the same went.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I think i will just tap it and put a fitting in there. John, do you know off hand what size tap I should use?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.