Question - Page 2 - Funnybone - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Question

Featured Replies

If I remember my high-school physics, at the speed of light, for the photons, time has slowed to a halt. Therefore, they can't propagate out of the headlight. Of course, for the driver, because of relativity, time should be passing normally, but to his perception, for relatively static, non-moving or slower objects in the universe, time is passing very rapidly.

Of course, we must remember that gravity has an effect as well. IIRC, the lower the gravity, the faster time passes. I'd move to Death Valley to get a higher gravitational constant, but it wouldn't help, because I'd still percieve time as passing normally...

"The colder the x-ray table is the more you need to be on it"

If you think you'd perceive time passing normally in Death Valley, you've never spent a Summer there - 123 degrees projected for the weekend. :cool:

123 degrees yes, but it's a "dry" heat... ;) .Wa-ay too hot for me.

I grew up in the east bay, (Antioch, CA), where summer temps are consistently between 90 and the low 100's F.

But for the last 20 years I've lived just south of San Francisco where it's much cooler. Now I'm happy at 68 degrees Fand melt at anything over 80 degrees.

Yeah I've been living in the dry heat of Tucson for 20 years, we've been just under 110 for the past few weeks, going on day 82 without rain!

As for the headlights, if I'm going the speed of light down a freeway, and I can't crash, and let's assume I'm in a Z, why even turn on the headlights? I'm all in for the ride !

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.