IGNORED

Modern Motorsports - anyone recently placed an order?

EricB

Since receiving the bag of hardware for the CV axle conversion kit, a month + ago I have not heard anything from Ross Corrigan, owner of Modern Motorsports LTD, I have called (604-224-2592) and send emails asking on the shipping status of the CV flange adapters. I paid for them with PayPall. At this point I will consider it a small miracle to hear anything positive. What a shame that this man would dive his business into the grpound. I am not aware of an other source. I am basically stuck because I sent him my stock flange adapters to be modified to the CV configuration and can not even resort back to the stock configuration. Where would I get an other set? Additionally I spent resources buying a nearly pristine set of 300zx axles and had them professionally rebuilt to their specs at a significant cost. Because of this company, my beautiful and very fast 72 240Z has become undriveable. Its become a hangar queen.

Email me at Jon M AT m2differentials.com. I may be able to help you out and get rid of my installed but never run 4 lug 36 spline stub axle and companion flange MM setup and sell you a shorter CV shaft for the driver's side.

More info on the shorter shaft here: http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/100094-cv-axle-discussion/

• 1 month later...

I finally received the billet 300ZX CV adapters from MM a few weeks ago. They are of excellent quality! I am not sorry now for the long wait, in the end what I received was what I needed. Fit and finish is first rate. I sent them off to Beta Motorsports who assembled the stub axle, bearings, CV conversion adapters, etc. in my rear strut assemblies and I am very happy with final result. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. In this case not only money, but time too. Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, EdK:)

• 5 weeks later...

I managed contact with Ross after registering with MM's website and using the contact form there. An order was placed for the rear brake conversion July 31st and the parts arrived the first week of September, except for the brake pads. Ross e-mailed they were being sent direct from the manufacturer and would arrive separately. They arrived a week later.