IGNORED

Added header - Now idle is too high - HELP

KingTutVII

I just installed a MSA 3-2 header and exhaust system on my 1972 240z and now my idle is too high. It used to idle around 800 rpms, now it idle around 1200-1300 rpms. Overall it seem to run great. Just idles high. Is there a quick idle adjustment on these SUs ? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know there is tons of info. already in this forum, but it is very hard to find any specifics... Thanks again in advance :beer:

Do you perchance have the linkage not connected to both carbs the same, possibly holding one open?

It ran like a champ prior to header and exhaust installation. It still runs very well, just the idle is 400-500 rpms higher. I have checked the linkage and all seems to be fine.

Sounds like a vacuum leak to me. Start by spraying starting fluid (or something similar) around the parts that were removed or tampered with when you installed the header. I'd suspect a hose that is cracked or not quite sealing, or the intake/exhaust gasket especially if you didn't install a new one.