IGNORED

okay, lets try this

rcb280z

How do you tell the difference between 240, 260, and 280 seats? Does anyone know? I want to order a seat upholstery kit. I was told by someone 6 years ago that the seats in my 280 are not 280 seats. I can't remember if he said 240 or 260. But he knew right away they were not 280 seats. He has since passed away so I can't ask him. Any help is appreciated. I recently posted pics but I guess not very good ones because no one responded.

Bob

You can tell the difference by looking at the seat rails:

240 seats have straight mounting rails. 280z - the rail ends are angled. The rails are easy to remove and interchange between the 240 and 280 seats. I am not sure about 260 seats. Maybe someone else can add?

I have 76 seats that were trashed. 240 seats fit like a glove with the rails replacement. The shape wise the seats look identical. The only difference I noticed was the reclining handle. The 280z reclining mechanism plastic cover didn't fit the 240.

It is horizontal. That's why I ordered mechanism covers for a 280 because aren't 280's lines horizontal? The ones I received do not fit. I will post pics when I get my Z back from the paint shop. My buddy is re-shooting my fiberglass hood for me. Thanks everyone.