IGNORED

Reverse Lights

OniZ

So I've had my Z for a little over a year now and I've finally decided to address my lack of reverse lights. I upgraded my trans to an 83 and it has the sensor/switch I need to plug into....however I can seem to find the wires in the harness on the car. I'm not sure if they were wrapped up by the PO or cut or some other unknown fate. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can go about fixing this besides taking it to a shop and paying them to cut my Z up. And I have a 71 240z.

They should be red/black or red wires with black tubing over them that feed from the engine harness where the frame and firewall meet, behind the starter, and go back toward the tranny, on the passenger side of the tunnel. They should have Bullet connectors if I recall correctly.

I've rebuilt 3) 71' engine harnesses and that's what I remember, cause I had to replace the tubing and connectors.

Dave

Thanks Jeff I didn't see a 71 FSM there but I went into the s30 one and found what looks to be the right area I will check it out and let you know. I will also take some pictures to show you what I am dealing with harness wise.

Dave I know where your talking about and I haven't seen anything like that in that area of the harness I checked on another car of the same year and couldn't find it on mine.

Edited by OniZ