No spark, been reading...need ideas - Page 3 - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

No spark, been reading...need ideas

Featured Replies

  • Author

Zed Head

I took your testing method and set up a bench test. Battery with jumper cables Pos on battery to Pos coil; neg on coil. Hold coil wire near neg post and tap neg jumper cable to post. All of my coils sparked. Some pretty weak but all of them would spark. I did it in the dark in my shop. I couldn't hear the spark but could see it.

So I figure the problem is in the dizzy.

I pulled a coil and dizzy out of a 1982 280zx this past week. Did the ZX upgrade. It was very easy, almost plug and play. With a little starter fluid and tinkering, I got it to run again :D :laugh: Just have to set timing now...

That is so great!!!

Thanks, for all the help from the forum members...

Charles

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.