IGNORED

Carpet Kit and Speaker Panel

StephenJ

Does anyone have experience with the carpet kits from the Datsun Store / z Specialties? http://www.datsunstore.com

They have a 13 piece sectional carpet that I am thinking about buying.

Also, while replacing the carpet, thought I would add a new audio system. (Alpine deck, Boston Accutics Amp, Infinity 3-way 6x9s) I noticed that MSA has a 6x9 speaker panel that replaces the tail light panel. Has anyone seen these panels? If so, do they work well? Do they look good? Are they fair quality?

While I am not entirely familiar with the carpet kit from Z Specialties, I did order the carpet kit from MSA and it was excellent. I also installed the speaker panel on my 72 and it fit like a glove. perfect solution for not cutting holes in the interior and the sound was remarkably decent.

Chris

Zman of Washington (Oliver) who owns the Z store has a reputation for carrying high quality parts and as well for being able to find things not available in North America with his contacts overseas. He is a z mechanic, z parts supplier and offers advice when he can at another z forum.

Never had issues with his stuff and he's easy to deal with, gets back to you and stands behind his product.

Does anyone have experience with the carpet kits from the Datsun Store / z Specialties? http://www.datsunstore.com

They have a 13 piece sectional carpet that I am thinking about buying.

Also, while replacing the carpet, thought I would add a new audio system. (Alpine deck, Boston Accutics Amp, Infinity 3-way 6x9s) I noticed that MSA has a 6x9 speaker panel that replaces the tail light panel. Has anyone seen these panels? If so, do they work well? Do they look good? Are they fair quality?

I bought a carpet kit from a vendor on Ebay for about $100 less than those prices, for an 801 cut pile complete kit.

I used the molded MSA kit. I found it to be very complete and of nice quality. The kit provides enough overlap so that you can trim it in for a tight, custom fit. The Rear Deck carpet is very plush and has an excellent fit with serged edges.

Here is a picture of the speaker enclosure in my 280Z. I have since covered it in black vinyl like the seats. I hooked it to a simple AM/FM CD play in the glove box. I kept the original radio because it worked great and is hooked to the original speaker.

post-13827-1415081409979_thumb.jpg

Thanks all. Great pic on the box. I am going to order the carpet from Z Specialties tomorrow. Also, he has a slightly modified speaker box that he is beginning to sell. I'll give 'er a try and post some pics. Stephen