IGNORED

Mistaken Identity

venus

Has anyone seen your modified car and mistaken it for another? People at the gas station give lots of looks to my Z and have asked what it is. I ‘m hoping they think it is a Ferrari of course. Folks always mistake my RX-7 w/ wide body kit for a Porsche. What modified cars have you had that are of confusing identity to general public?

Maybe not quite what you're looking for but even though it clearly said 'Datsun' in several places, as well as '64 L320' on the license plate, most people didn't know what my 64 L320 pickup was. The guesses ranged all over the map from asssorted British vehicles to other non-Datsun Japanese vehicles.

2hxwznt.jpg

Has anyone seen your modified car and mistaken it for another? People at the gas station give lots of looks to my Z and have asked what it is. I ‘m hoping they think it is a Ferrari of course. Folks always mistake my RX-7 w/ wide body kit for a Porsche. What modified cars have you had that are of confusing identity to general public?

My Z is red with 5 spoke ATS Classics, it is often mistaken for an old Ferrari. Which I guess is a good thing :classic:.

I get "nice vette" quite often. Not sure I see the resemblance.

I've also gotten Corvette, Porsche, Cobra and believe it or not a Dodge Viper. I have come to the conclusion over the years that unless you are a true car enthusiast, cars from the 60's and 70's (to the general public anyway) have a similar aroma. Therefore, causing people to identify your car with mental images they most associate with their own past. Just a thought.

I have come to the conclusion over the years that unless you are a true car enthusiast, cars from the 60's and 70's (to the general public anyway) have a similar aroma. Therefore, causing people to identify your car with mental images they most associate with their own past. Just a thought.

I don't think it's an aroma thing. I had a z32 with no cats. Smelled like a 240z but the only thing it got mistaken for was a Saturn. :classic:

2738829093_4b2caa64f2_b.jpg

Don't know where to start.:classic:

Is it real, a Porche, Ferrari, MG, Corvette, Austin Healy, my dad had a real one, I could go on.:stupid:

Dean

Did you inherit? I one rode in a 289 Cobra one of my former workout buddies owns. He used to race it vintage nut it bacame too valuable.

Edited by venus

Dean, I used to go through the same stuff when I had my FFR. The one's who used to pi$$ me off are the people who'd say, "That's one of those Factory Five Cars" like it was a bad thing. Clueless. I haven't had the Z out enough yet to get too many Q's.

I wish;)

It's a Factory Five Replica.

Dean

Dean-

I have a buddy that just had his Factory Five totaled. Dumbazz chick hit him from behind and pushed him into incoming traffic - then he got clipped from the front by a Ford F150..........no severe injuries but he was lucky. Great framework by Factory Five and a solid kit! He had that tuned to be a real powerhouse. Make sure you have your insured to your max! He did NOT use Hagerty and wished he did.

There is an older gentleman about 40 miles from me that has an original - logged on the Shelby Cobra Registry - amazing time capsule - no side pipes! He has quite the collection!!

http://classicfordgarage.com/