IGNORED

Can I get a Picture for reference

yellowhammerjam

Trying to install my Petronix 1761 and I have seen pics of how to install in the dizzy itself but does someone have a pic of how the wiring is to the coil and all the connections? I am using the resistor right now and I have the 3.0 flamethrower coil. I would be willing to get rid of the resistor is need be also. I am visual and need to see the actual shot and not just schematics. Please can anyone help. I have been running points on a stock 72 240z and making the switch now.

Thanks guys and gals,

Brian

I can't provide a pic for the 240, but I can tell you that if you are running the 3.0 coil, you don't need the resistor.

The kit should have come with a wiring diagram, there are only 3 wires, it should be pretty easy ?

i saw your instruction. I have got it wired into the dizzy fine but for the life of me the rest has my head spinning. I feel like such an idiot but cannot figure out how to wire everything to the coil. I am removing the resistor so do I have to cut and splice any wires together? Man if someone could snap a pic of the same setup and post that would be great. I do not want to cut wires and screw everything up. I need detailed instructions. Electrical is my weak point and please can anyone help me?????

Hate to beg but will if need to, LOL.

Brian

I have pics of mine from last year when I went through the same thing as you, but only after I taped up all the wires and put the rubber boot over the coil. If I could get to my car to take a new photo I would. I need the snow to melt.

830739378_KNoG6-XL.jpg

Warning HUGE picture:

http://dcerutti.smugmug.com/Other/Future-Z/P1050545/830739647_YEQCc-O.jpg

Edited by cygnusx1

She is Alive!!! Had the d@#m wiring in the dizzy cap wrong. Put it back right and magic happened, The car roared to life after a rebuild including a new set of ZT carbs. Now to get balanced and a good nights sleep. Finally, I can quit doubting myself. I did the rebuild as a newbie and a lot of reading and studying and help from you guys.

Thanks again to all who helped.

Brian