IGNORED

Starter problems, AT or MT starter??

yoshi_w

Hi, so my starter is dead. RIP. It clicks once and silence. So I had a question regarding replacement. My car came with an automatic, which it still has now, but I am eventually going to change it to manual. But I need to replace the starter ASAP. So, I need an AT starter no matter what for right now, but will it work once I change to manual? or will I need to get the MT starter later? Just trying to judge how much I should spend on the starter. and if this did come up, I did use the search button and google. Thanks!

so based on what you are saying:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/78-DATSUN-NISSAN-280Z-MANUAL-STARTER-/380314047585?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item588c7bd461#ht_500wt_749

This should be the gear reduction starter since it is off a 78 280z? and should I get a new reman starter or a used good one like this work?

Oh, and thank you for the help!