Steel wheel restoration question... - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Steel wheel restoration question...

Featured Replies

I just took my original steel wheels to the body shop to have them restored. They are the early type that are painted silver on the inside and black on the outside. Am I wrong to have them painted all black?

2444

It's called personalization. I don't have second thoughts about painting my gauges nor does anyone else have second thoughts about personalizing their cars for themselves. Just enjoy it! After all it is YOUR car!

post-19498-141508137794_thumb.jpg

post-19498-14150813780014_thumb.jpg

I just took my original steel wheels to the body shop to have them restored. They are the early type that are painted silver on the inside and black on the outside. Am I wrong to have them painted all black?

Reading from Right to Left, the sticker states (approximately)

"Refer to the Owners Instruction Manual, The Z wears Steel Wheels with Radial Tires".

If I can get a hold of my friend, I will post a more accurate translation.

  • Author

OK. The decision was all black. Just got the wheels back, new tires installed. Looks good.

post-23233-14150813790691_thumb.jpg

Edited by kjohnson2444

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.