Sensor - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Sensor

Featured Replies

This weekend I took my radiator out and did some deep cleaning on it plus the hoses. As I pulled the entire radiator out I saw a sensor with a broken wire attached to it, I don't really know where to look, but does anyone know the name of this sensor? It def needs to be replaced.

So, you don't know where it came from in the engine bay? How about posting a good picture of the sensor. Also clean up the wire so you can tell us the color of the wire.

PERFECT240Z

DILILAH??????? Well if it is a 240Z it shouldn't have any sensors. A sending unit for the radiator temp and oil PSI but no other sensors I can think of.

I'm guessing it's your water temp sender, which goes in the thermostat housing. I assume your water temp gauge doesn't work?

  • Author

I'll take a picture today to show where its located at. I didn't think they really had sensors back then, but thats why im asking cause I don't know LOL. Anyways yes the gauge doesn't work, but at the same time the plastic covers on all the gauges on the center of the dash are loose so they make the needles stick, i'll have to fix that. I'll also try and find the color of the wires.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

As has been said by others, it's probably the water temperature sensor, but you never know what a previous owner might have installed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.