IGNORED

240Z Eibach Springs in 260Z

LeonV

@leonv

What would you do in this circumstance? Do your eibach springs bind under load?

I'm not sure that a 3/4in (280z isolator) or (0.7in zcar/thezstore spacer) would be enough to get the ride height in the rear to where i would want it. I think i would want at least an inch of height back.

All that considered, it seems like getting the correct 240z spring setup might be the best thing to do as, i would be able to get more comfort for a car that is really being built primarily for street use, with occasional track use..

Sorry for bothering you about this, but it seems that your one of the only documented sources for this information online ?

6 hours ago, heyitsrama said:

@leonv

What would you do in this circumstance? Do your eibach springs bind under load?

I'm not sure that a 3/4in (280z isolator) or (0.7in zcar/thezstore spacer) would be enough to get the ride height in the rear to where i would want it. I think i would want at least an inch of height back.

All that considered, it seems like getting the correct 240z spring setup might be the best thing to do as, i would be able to get more comfort for a car that is really being built primarily for street use, with occasional track use..

Sorry for bothering you about this, but it seems that your one of the only documented sources for this information online ?

Not a problem at all. I sold that Z probably 5-6 years ago but it was a harsh ride. Due to the lower spring perch on the front, the Eibach springs made the car very susceptible to bottoming out. This is not due to coil bind but to a lack of travel in the dampers with the car that low. My current Z sits lower on coil-overs but it rides much better than my old orange car because I sectioned 2" out of the struts.

Frankly, I'd stay with the 280Z springs and make the rear work if you want more sports-car handling without sacrificing impact harshness as much. If you can do a little measuring, you should be able to figure out how much extra height you need. Measure ride height (e.g. wheel lip to wheel well), jack up rear end until it sits where you want it, re-measure ride height. Multiply that change in height by the rear motion ratio (~0.90) and you'll have your desired spacer height.

Motion ratio reference: https://forums.hybridz.org/topic/63492-suspension-tech-motion-ratio-unsprung-weight/

Edited by LeonV
  • Like 1