Made my own glove box liner - What I Did Today - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Made my own glove box liner

Featured Replies

I got tired of fighting that cardboard glovebox liner on my Z, so I made one from aluminum sheet. The purpose was to make one that would come straight out from the front---and---have access panels so I don't have to remove it just to change a bulb on my guages.

Turned into an all day project, but what doesn't anymore....

post-7622-14150813436568_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150813437001_thumb.jpg

post-7622-14150813437667_thumb.jpg

Nice job. I think you could sell those.

I am in for one :) Thought make it for a 260Z please ;)

  • 2 years later...
  • Author

Mike,

I found the thread!

madkaw,

Thanks for looking it up! What did you cover the aluminum with?

Mike

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

I had black vinyl that I purchased from Joanne fabrics . Anything to keep things from rattling around :)

I hadn't thought of the rattle idea. How did you bend the metal so neatly? I don't think I have good enough metal working skills to duplicate what you did.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.