IGNORED

Who has most complete poly bushing set/sets?

KAL7467

well I have been checking out msa/black dragon/ebay ect and each one seems to have sets that are missing one or two parts (bumpstops,sway bars, etc) now I am planning on tearing my suspension apart in a few weeks and would like to replace as much as possible while I am doing my strut/spring install. can anyone give me alist of alll the poly upgrades they did, or what kit or kits they bought to get a complete set...thank you in advance...jamie

I bought the poly kit from Energy Suspensions, I beleive I bought it from Ebay though, got a btter price on it. I dont think you will find any kit that offers bushings for the sway bar as I remember, due to them being different diameters based on the year. At least for the front. I do remember buying them seperately. I am a novice to all of this and it took quite awhile to do everything. I ended up removing EVERYTHINg and cleaning, painting and putting it back together.

While there, I did the Toyota brake upgrade, SS brake lines, Tokico struts, Eibach springs, ball hoints, outer tie rods, rims and tires, exhaust, pulled the tank, replaced the lines, etc, etc, etc.

I got a bad case of while I was at it, I might as well.....

I only remember the spindle pin bushings being a real PITA, not getting the old ones out as much as getting the new ones in, I had to do quite a bit of sanding to get them to fit.

I haven't seen one with bump stops and had to buy them separately. Mine are from Energy Suspension "Hyperflex System" 7-18101 Master set 70-73 Datsun 240z. Paid $135 plus $15 shipping. Car is in the air, the bushings are in the box and I have 3 more weeks before the doc will let me get back at it so no idea at all how difficult or what the results might be.

I got the energy Suspensions kit for 280Z and it had the bump stops. My feeling is that much of it was the universal type parts. the worst thing is that you don't get the strut insulators, and there's a 3 or 4 month wait to get those.

I got the MSA kit and was pleased with it. I would purchase at least the front sway bar links. It comes with the bushings, however my links were rusted and worn badly and the front ones broke while getting loose. The pivot portion that goes through the control arm was badly worn, only half it's original thickness. I picked up some new ones at a local parts store from moog, then just used the MSA bushings.