IGNORED

Need source for SHORI relay

Some years ago I purchased a headlight wiring kit (from Black Dragon I think) and I now have a bad relay. The relay in question is a SHORI S11-1A-C1-12. I have had no luck finding one of these or a replacement for it. Anyone out there know of a source for these?

Like he said^^^^^

If you can give us the pinouts it could probably be replaced with one conventional automotive relay.

3051.jpg

3051.gif

e.g. this Hella relay is a double bunger which might be what you need:)

Nissan relays are entirely unique in their construction and pinouts making replacement a pain if you don't have a Nissan P/N.

Just to clarify, my Z is an early '74 and had no headlight relays from Datsun. My current SHORI relays are four post. So far I have been unable to find a diagram for them. I am assuming that I need to know what wire does what to be able to wire in another type of realy.

It's easy...if you work with relays a lot.;)

First here are the color codes I'll be using:

L - Blue

N - Brown

R - Red

W - White

Y - Yellow

You should have a plug that goes into the existing harness. The colors on mine are shown in the attachment.

W runs to one relay, and N runs to the other. LW runs to both.

For a typical automotive relay, you will run the LW to terminal 86. The N will go to terminal 85 on one relay and W will go to terminal 85 on the other relay.

On one relay, run the RW wire to terminal 30 and L to terminal 87. On the other, run R to 30 and Y to 87.

NOTE: if you use SPDT relays (They have an 87a terminal.), you need to reverse the wire colors for 30 and 87.

You can get SPST relays on Amazon for $2 each. Sockets will cost about the same.

If your wire colors don't match up to what I have, note the wire colors and post pictures. I will help you get the wire colors straight.

post-5413-14150813020137_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty shure I found a plug in unit for what I have on ebay. It is a golf cart lighting relay! Has same dimentions and specs as what I need. I'll use this for now but I think I will wire in a more common relay when I get the time. Thanks for the suggestions. I have learned a lot about relays during this search.

• 4 years later...

I know I'm bringing this post back from the dead, but....I ran into a Shori relay failure and found a replacement relay from O'Reilly's. Thought I should post it I case someone wanted to buy one over the counter instead of ordering/rewire a different relay. I picked up a BWD R4136 relay, and that did the trick. Doing a quick google search, and it looks like Advance Auto parts has them too.

post-22340-0-30551200-1422329410_thumb.j