IGNORED

Changing the lug pattern for more wheel options

dummy76

Hey all,

The choices for 240Z wheels are very (VERY) limited, so I'm contemplating on going another route - swapping out the hubs to change the bolt pattern so that I have more wheel options. I see a couple kits out there, like this:

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=71

But I don't see much discussion here about doing this. I'd like feedback from anyone who has done it or opinions from those who thought about it but didn't. I do see some discussions around the web from folks who drilled out their rear hubs (and used Z31 fronts) to handle 5 lug wheels - but I'm not all that interested in drilling/weakening my hubs....

There is also some discussion about adapter plates, but I haven't found those for sale anywhere yet so if you know where to purchase them please post up.

Seems like a no brainer to me, but I have access to the tools necessary to do the job right. Most of the discussion on these boards is either old (the products are no longer available) or very general.