Changing the lug pattern for more wheel options - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Changing the lug pattern for more wheel options

Featured Replies

Hey all,

The choices for 240Z wheels are very (VERY) limited, so I'm contemplating on going another route - swapping out the hubs to change the bolt pattern so that I have more wheel options. I see a couple kits out there, like this:

http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=71

But I don't see much discussion here about doing this. I'd like feedback from anyone who has done it or opinions from those who thought about it but didn't. I do see some discussions around the web from folks who drilled out their rear hubs (and used Z31 fronts) to handle 5 lug wheels - but I'm not all that interested in drilling/weakening my hubs....

There is also some discussion about adapter plates, but I haven't found those for sale anywhere yet so if you know where to purchase them please post up.

Seems like a no brainer to me, but I have access to the tools necessary to do the job right. Most of the discussion on these boards is either old (the products are no longer available) or very general.

Did you look at Hybridz? I would be surprised if the topic wasn't covered there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.