IGNORED

Blower box

Pomorza

Hello guys

I know this has been discussed before someplace but I cannot for the life of me find it. This past thanks giving I finally installed the heater in my Z. While working on it I noticed that the blower box (air box, what ever you might call it) has a door like thing that I'm assuming directs where the air is drawn from. (i.e either from the outside or the inside). Where or what is this attached to? There's a cable there but I cannot find what it moves or doesn't move.

Thank

Jan

In my 73, the top lever on the heater control panel, labeled "Air," controls the flap on the blower box, and that slot is marked "Off - Vent - Heat."

The second lever is labeled "Temp" (Cold - Hot), and the third lever is "Def" (Def - Floor)

Is this the same as yours, E ?

Herb, you're correct. I was citing from memory the vent controls, but the function of the flap valve is correct.

Jan, your car has a more sophisticated Heat/Vent system than the earlier cars, but that box still controls whether you let in the fresh air from the cowl vent opening or not. If it's flipped up parallel to the cowl floor, it's closed. If it's flipped down and at an angle to both the firewall and the cowl, then it's allowing fresh air IN from the cowl vent opening and then into the squirrel cage / blower housing and then into the system to be distributed via the hoses.

The extra settings on your car allow for more ventilation options than what we had in the 240. (E.g. the 240 could only get heated air via the floor openings OR the defrost ducts not both. Additionally, heated air was NEVER available via the eyeball vents.)

FWIW

E