IGNORED

260z rear bumper overriders (guards)

colinc

While removing my rear bumper this past weekend I managed to break the bolts that hold the overriders (bumper guards) to the shock absorbers. This pretty much destroys the overrider as the bolt is part of a metal insert that forms part of the overrider (see picture below). I have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone have a set of rear bumper overriders (bumper guards) for a 03/74 260z.

2) Has anyone had the same problem and managed to fix the old overrider. I was wondering if the stub could be cut off and a new bolt welded on.

thanks

post-21940-14150812754556_thumb.jpg

Edited by colinc

• 3 weeks later...

I have a set of over riders that I just took off my early 260Z if you're interested, send me a PM and I'll get you some pictures. They are probably average condition considering the age, etc. I'm going to switch to the 240Z style bumpers during my paint project so won't need them anymore.

Thanks, but I have decided to try and repair mine. I removed the metal bracket, drilled out the bolts and replaced with stainless steel. I have cleaned up the rubber and I'm nearly ready to try and put them back together, I just have to get someone to weld the bolts into place. I'm hoping that a strong adhesive and a couple of screws should hold it. I will give you a shout if it doesn't work.

post-21940-14150812996068_thumb.jpg