IGNORED

Under dash wiring diagram

slyhog22056

A few years ago when i got my 1975 280Z it was gutted for racing purposes, over the last year i have been to get it back road worthy, when i removed the dashboard. i unplugged everything, i will be making a fiberglass dash for it with different gauges (tach, speedo and 9 different 2" gauges) and putting in a modified BMW heat and air unit and would like to use as much of the factory wiring as possible. My question is this.. does anyone know where all the plugs went too or have access to a wiring diagram for under the dash. I have purchased 3 different color wiring diagrams but none of them show the breakdown of the underdash wiring.

post-16505-14150812514144_thumb.jpeg

post-16505-14150812514355_thumb.jpeg

post-16505-14150812514553_thumb.jpeg

In my humble opinion, you'll be hard-pressed to find something better than the FSM. The copy in my link below isn't that great, though. I'd troll eBay and other sites to see if you can find a paper copy. It's worth the money. The poor FSM for my 73 is showing the signs of 17+ years of Z ownership.

The following scans out of a 75 280Z FSM might be even better then...never hurts to have too much documentation I always say...LOL...print them out and put them in heavy duty document protector's and you have a nice clear copy you can take out to the garage...etc...etc.

webdawg1

post-5649-14150812515182_thumb.jpg

post-5649-14150812515825_thumb.jpg

I found those drawings while looking through the previous link, i did print them out and went straight to the garage and damned if they were close, i had all of the ones in the pictures but i also had 3 other plugs not in the picture, but all the connections i will need to tye into my new gauges and everything else is there. i guess the wiring for the heating and ac systems is in the other harness, easy enough to trace that one out, thanks people i really appreciate the links and pictures. I do have another question though, did datsun have a harness for the backup lights and neutral safety switch for an automatic trans too??? mine came with a 5 speed but didnt know if it had the harness in it.