IGNORED

new rotors?

scotts pearl

If the rotors are still more than the minimum thickness after being resurfaced you shouldn't need new ones. Are you sure that the vibration is brake related, and if it is could it be the rear brakes?

(Drums can shake too you know.)

I have heard that there are suspension parts that can cause a wobble during braking, but I don't recall which ones.

Check the tires, or move them front to rear. Depending on age and how much they sit, I have seen tires 'flat spot', but that usually goes away when driven. The other problem is a seperated belt on the tire. It will be visible on the surface. Jack the car up turn the wheels and slowly spin the tire watching the treads, if they wiggle you have a bad belt.

The other option is to buy new rotors, they are not expensive. HTH, Richard.

I hadn't thought about flat spots on the tires. I can't reveal how I know this, but I know for a fact that tires on vehicles that are left parked on a very hot parking lot for long periods of time (long as in days or weeks) can develop flat spots that will NEVER go away no matter how many miles they are driven.

I have seen examples from the desert south west, but Tennessee might get that hot in the summer. (It certainly seemed hot enough this past July...)

If you didn't bed the brakes in properly, you could have excess pad material on the rotors.

Beandip provided this very good article from StopTech that explains it and some suggestions for getting rid of it: D:\Profiles\c13003\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK6D\StopTech Balanced Brake Upgrades.htm

Hope it helps,

Marty